SHAC is an independent, local charity working in the borough of Surrey Heath. We are not part of or connected with the Age UK organisation.
We are currently undertaking a strategic and financial review to provide a strong and secure future for the charity and our services.
“Making life better for older people in “Surrey Heath”
Aims and Objectives
- To provide services to enhance the lives of older people in the borough of Surrey Heath.
- To help older people overcome social isolation and loneliness.
- To help improve the physical and mental health of older people.
- To enable older people to live independently and remain in their own home for as long as they wish to do so.
- To seek the views of older people in order to identify the services they need the most.
- To work in partnership with other voluntary organisations and statutory authorities in order to provide “best value” to our service users.
- To be aware of the changing needs of older people in order to be innovative and forward thinking.
- To secure financial stability for the organisation in order to maintain current services and develop new services.
Services Currently Provided and Future Plans
- Visiting and befriending service
- The Rainbow Cafe in Camberley town centre
- Tea and Chatter parties for the over 70’s operating across Surrey Heath
- Tea and Memories held on Tuesday afternoons at the Rainbow Cafe
We have plans to introduce new services in the borough depending on sufficient income being derived from the services we provide, grants from other organisations, legacies from local residents and charitable donations from local businesses and individuals.
Jack Guthrie is a 77 year old long distance runner and will be competing in the Windsor Half Marathon on 30th September. Jack is [...]
Commencing on Wednesday 12th September we will be holding a quiz evening at the Rainbow Cafe from 7 – 9 pm. The tickets are [...]
On Saturday the 11th August, the staff at Camberley and District Funeral Directors held a vintage tea part on the lawn outside their [...]
SHAC Visiting & Befriending Service
Helping lonely and isolated older people by providing the stability of a loyal friend who will regularly visit them at home.