SHAC is an independent, local charity working in the borough of Surrey Heath. We are not part of or connected with the Age UK organisation.
We are currently undertaking a strategic and financial review to provide a strong and secure future for the charity and our services.
“Making life better for older people in “Surrey Heath”
Aims and Objectives
- To provide services to enhance the lives of older people in the borough of Surrey Heath.
- To help older people overcome social isolation and loneliness.
- To help improve the physical and mental health of older people.
- To enable older people to live independently and remain in their own home for as long as they wish to do so.
- To seek the views of older people in order to identify the services they need the most.
- To work in partnership with other voluntary organisations and statutory authorities in order to provide “best value” to our service users.
- To be aware of the changing needs of older people in order to be innovative and forward thinking.
- To secure financial stability for the organisation in order to maintain current services and develop new services.
Services Currently Provided and Future Plans
- Visiting and befriending service
- The Rainbow Cafe in Camberley town centre
- Tea and Chatter parties for the over 70’s operating across Surrey Heath
- Tea and Memories held on Tuesday afternoons at the Rainbow Cafe
We have plans to introduce new services in the borough depending on sufficient income being derived from the services we provide, grants from other organisations, legacies from local residents and charitable donations from local businesses and individuals.
On Sunday the 5th May, SHAC’s monthly Tea and Chatter event was held at the ideal, if a little unusual venue of Mytchett Baptist [...]
I recently decided that I was well overdue a visit to one of our Vintage Tea Parties, held at the Rainbow Cafe in Camberley from 3 pm [...]
From these pictures I have just received I think that you will agree with me that the March edition of the Rainbow Cafe Quiz, proved to [...]
SHAC Visiting & Befriending Service
Helping lonely and isolated older people by providing the stability of a loyal friend who will regularly visit them at home.