There are many ways in which you could help us to continue to provide our existing services and to offer new services in the future.
- You can make a donation to Surrey Heath Age Concern. If you are a UK tax payer please consider signing a Gift Aid certificate as your donations could be worth 25% more to us. To qualify for Gift Aid you must be liable for payment of UK Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax at least equal to the amount of tax that we reclaim on your donations. You can also click here to donate to us through our wonderful.org page.
- You can help with fundraising or hold a fundraising event for us.
- You can volunteer for one of our services.
- You can leave a legacy to Surrey Heath Age Concern.
Remember we are a LOCAL charity providing LOCAL services to ‘make life better for older people’ in the Borough of Surrey Heath.
Volunteering with SHAC can be rewarding and fun!
We rely heavily on our teams of wonderful volunteers who give up their time so generously to help us. We would like to give our sincere thanks to each and every one of them for the extremely valuable contribution they make to our success as a charity and to the lives of the service users they come in contact with.
- Do you have an hour or so to spare on a weekly basis?
- Do you want to do something to benefit your local community?
- Do you enjoy the company of older people?
If the answer to any of the above questions is ‘YES’ then Surrey Heath Age Concern could have the ideal voluntary opportunity for you!
We can offer the following positions:
- Volunteer visitors for our Befriending Service – you need to be able to spend an hour a week visiting an older person for a chat. You may visit just one person or more if you have more time to give.
- Voluntary Tea and Coffee Shop Assistants to work a two and a half hour shift at the shop in Camberley Town Centre serving refreshments to our customers.
- Volunteer drivers for our Tea and Chatter Sunday afternoon monthly tea parties.
- Volunteer hostesses to hold a tea party in their home once a year on a Sunday afternoon.
We offer comprehensive training and support to all volunteers. If you would like to find out more please get in touch via our contact page.
Our income is currently derived from a small grant from Surrey Heath Borough Council for which we are most grateful and from income gained from the Rainbow Cafe, charitable donations, companies who make us their charity of the year, legacies and other fund raising initiatives.
We do not receive any funds from national age related charities. We are, therefore, very grateful for donations and legacies to help us to continue our valuable work. All funds received will go directly towards improving the lives of older people living in Surrey Heath.
The next quiz evening will be held on 21st August 2019 in the Rainbow café, please call 01252 266841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to [...]
Surrey Heath Age Concern CIO’s every popular Tea and Memories at the Rainbow café on Tuesday afternoons, continues to go from [...]
You can now support us here at SHAC by playing the Surrey Heath Lottery. The Surrey Heath Lottery was created recently by Surrey Heath [...]
SHAC Visiting & Befriending Service
Helping lonely and isolated older people by providing the stability of a loyal friend who will regularly visit them at home.