COVID Champions Update – 28th January 2021
We attended the COVID Champions meeting this week and have been asked to disseminate the following details for our Borough for the period 18/1/2021 to 24/01/2021:
- The number of new cases has dropped to 321 in the 7 day period.
- The number of cases per 100,000 of our population has dropped to 359.4 in the 7 day period.
- Surrey Heath has dropped to number 4 in the league table for the 11 boroughs in the county of Surrey for new cases.
- The figures are improving although they do still remain high.
- Frimley Park Hospital and our GP surgeries are still under pressure.
- GP surgery staff are assisting with the vaccination rollout, please be patient if you need to see a GP or practice professional.
- Please do not contact your GP surgery to enquire about your vaccine. The NHS or your surgery will contact you regarding your appointment; it could be a telephone call, a text or a letter. Please be patient.
- Please be aware that you will never be contacted via email or be asked to pay for the vaccine.
- Please do not give any personal details. It has been found that these emails are scams.
- There may be an occasion that you receive a letter and a telephone call to attend two different vaccination centres; please immediately cancel one (in favour of someone else taking the appointment) and only attend one appointment
- After you have received your first vaccination, you must continue to observe the restrictions and follow “HANDS, FACE, SPACE” rules.
- There has been much media coverage about the effectiveness of the vaccine in recent days, the MHRA have confirmed that the vaccines are safe and effective to use.
- If you are registered at a GP practice in Surrey Heath, appointments are being given within a 45 minute drive of a vaccine centre. Our local hub is Lakeside however you could be offered a vaccine at Epsom or Salt Hill in Slough.
- You may be told about our free transport service when you get the phone call booking your vaccine appointment – but don’t worry if not, you can call the Community Transport office at Surrey Heath Borough Council and they will take care of organising it. For more information call 01276 707655.
- Other driving charities around Windlesham, Lightwater, Bagshot, West End and Bisley are available, you can contact us for details.
- Please do not arrive early for your appointment as you will have to wait in your car.