COVID Champions Update – 4th February 2021
- Remember, the NHS will never ask for money or your bank details for a vaccine.
- Vaccine sites may ask for your NHS number & D.O.B.
- Because some vaccines must be used quickly once defrosted, some sites are contacting people offering them short-notice jabs to reduce waste.
- Always check any email, message or call offering you a vaccine is from a trusted organisation including nhs.uk or the name of a hospital, GP or health provider.
- Forward suspicious text messages for free to 7726.
- Forward suspicious emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local GP Dr Sally Johnson explains how to stay safe from fraud when booking your vaccination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKcFH6TFgqA&feature=youtu.be
Virus Variant & Surge Testing
- Cases of South African variant have been found in various areas of England, including parts of Surrey.
- It is more contagious but causes similar symptoms.
- Scientists believe the vaccine will probably still be effective against variants.
- Over the next few days, some Woking (GU21) and Egham residents will be visited by a member of the local testing team who will offer you a PCR test kit for all adults in your households to complete, whether or not you have symptoms.
- This will help Public Health identify community spread and limit transmission.
- The test is free and includes full instructions – to check if you live in a surge testing area enter your postcode here.
In the 7 days between the 23rd January 2021 and the 29th January 2021, there have been 198 positive coronavirus tests recorded in Surrey Heath. This is a decrease of 46% from the figures shown last week (370 cases). Surrey Heath has dropped from having the fourth highest rate in Surrey, all the way down to the 7th highest (or 5th from the bottom!). There has also been a decrease of 33% of all positive cases of coronavirus in the last 7 days across all of Surrey. This shows that the lockdown is working so please continue to follow all the guidance and comply with current restrictions.